Hopefully you are all having a lovely weekend with this sunny weather! Next weeks menu is still available to order until Monday evening. A big thanks to everyone who has ordered so far and I'm really sorry to anyone who has experience problems when ordering. The site doesn't seem to like house names so if you do have a house number try using that. Alternatively, please feel free to email me your order and you can pay on delivery on via bank transfer.
If you have been on one of our yoga retreats before you'll have had lots of different overnight oats for breakfast. Overnight oats are oats soaked in any type of milk or water overnight in the fridge. By doing this the oats become more digestible as the starches are broken down. The Overnight Oat Mix I sell on the shop is a dry mix containing cinnamon, chia seeds, flax seed, pumpkin seeds, linseed, oat bran and of course oats. You can then follow the on-pack instructions to make your delicious breakfast.
Its always nice to vary what you put with your oats so I thought I would provide a little inspiration to help keep things interesting!
1. Soak your oats in coconut milk overnight and in the morning top with fresh berries and toasted coconut (pictured above).
2. Stir grated apple into your oats in the morning. This can add a sweetness or sharpness depending what apple you use.
3. Soak your oats in orange juice and a little cacao powder. This makes your breakfast taste like a chocolate orange dessert!
4. Place a banana and a few dried apricots into a blender and mix. Stir this into your soaked oats and leave overnight to get a sweet delicious breakfast.
5. Add a dollop of yogurt to the top of your oats before eating to get a lovely creamy texture. I love doing this with coconut yogurt.
6. If you fancy porridge rather than cold oats, pop the soaked oats in a pan with a little extra liquid and heat gently whilst stirring. Perfect for a winter morning!
Hopefully this will help keep your breakfast varied and delicious!